Friday, January 25, 2013

Winter Beauty

     Ok, I will admit the cold is even bothering me.  Those that know me know that it doesn't happen often that I agree its cold out baby!! I have broken out the coat, gloves and scarf!!! Really! We even finally turned on the heat in the house. lol  The wood stove can only do so much!  But honestly, I shouldn't complain.  My crew is outside working in this crazy cold laying pipe!  Poor guys. I know their bodies adjust so much differently than those of us who work indoors, but its still really hard on them.  SO next time you are thinking of complaining about how cold your office is, remember there are alot of guys who work outside in this!!
     That said, lol, I really do love winter.  I love the changes, I love snow and I even love the cold, for a short time!  SO my first project to share with you is a wreath I made in what I thought were very winter colors.


     The body of the wreath is made by folding squares of paper into cones and gluing to a round base.  Its hard to tell from the photo but I used Dries Clear glue and Glamour dust on the edges of the cones to add sparkle.  The center is a Kaiser wood fern piece, inked with Ranger Peeled Paint Distress Stain and a canvas flower, inked on the edges with Ranger Distress Ink Vintage Photo, along with some Prima and Petaloo flowers.  Super easy, but really brightens those winter blues into a winter beauty!
     As I get the hang of this blog thing (with alot of help from Elisabeth lol) the look of my blog will change alot I'm sure.  Bear with me till I get it just right!!
     Stay warm and I will be back in a couple days to introduce someone to you that I am quite enamored with!
~Michelle

3 comments:

  1. I am so excited you have a blog! I will put you on my must view list! This project is very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The wreathe is just adorable, Michelle!

    ReplyDelete